Was a member of the C.I.U. based on the criteria in effect prior
to this amendment and has, on the effective date of the amendment,
a minimum of 15 years of Life or Health Underwriting experience and
has attained their "Certificate of Proficiency" or their
F.L.M.I with selection of Risk as their specialty or their
Is designated an Honorary Member.
Starting in the year 2001, a member must complete 15 hours of continuing education per year. (Criteria for qualifying continuing education to be established at a later date).
Currently membership fees are $120 per annum, per member. Membership is based on the calendar year.
The Executive Committee is made up of nominated individuals from within the CIU organization.
Different positions are available based on your interest.
1) Incoming/Treasurer. The first year will be a training year and then in the 3rd year of tenure the Treasurer will have the responsibility for training the Incoming Treasurer.
2) Secretary. This is a two year commitment and keeps the committee on track.
3) Conference Director. This is a two year commitment working closely with the CIU administrator and the hotel to make sure all the conference details for the AGM are handled.
4) Vice Chair. This is a 3 year commitment as the incumbent goes through the CIU executive as Vice Chair, Chair, and then Past Chair.
5) Technical Director. This is a 3 year position that is responsible
for the website, membership, and AV for the various educational events
sponsored by the CIU.
7) Executive Members: Not sure about a title but want to help out? Then feel free to become a part of the Executive Council by becoming an executive member. It gives you an opportunity to help those in title roles and to shadow for a potential future position.
See the Executive Position descriptions in the By-Laws
Yes, you may pay for your membership personally.
Regardless of who pays, the membership belongs to the individual member. The sponsoring company cannot transfer the membership to another employee.
Copyright Canadian Institute of Underwriters (CIU)